Scarpa

...up the duff...

Monday, May 23, 2005

Garden party

So here I am, Monday afternoon, flat in front of the telly (laptop on my belly) watching another one of those DIY programs (someone doing an extension with a fireplace). Why am I not at work? I´m having a sick day (a real one!). I've been struggling to get rid of this cold for a couple of months now, without much luck. Going to a garden party on Saturday didn't help much of course, sitting out there in the cold, the garden not being the only weed infested biomass around (could've used an extension with a fireplace actually). Good food though, and one girl wanted to hold my hand and another one called me pretty... a shame I'm not inclined that way, and neither were they... could have been interesting... maybe in another life. Sunday I resorted to Irish coffees, they got me warm pretty quickly, so soon it was time for a few beers, just to cool down, and all of a sudden - whaddoyaknow! - I'm tipsy... this can't be good for my health!!! Somehow I ended up inviting people over to mine for a BBQ next weekend, so I better get well fast, 'cause it looks like I've got a garden party coming up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home