Scarpa

...up the duff...

Friday, June 24, 2005

Good Stuff

I visited the countryside last weekend. I know it was the countryside because I saw cows and sheep on the way up there. And when I got off the train the girls seemed to be wearing even shorter skirts and skimpyer tops than in London - I didn't think that was possible! I also felt this great pressure on the sides of my head, like something very thick and heavy blocking my ears. Then I realized it was the silence, and once I got used to it, it actually felt quite comfortable, it was like it helped keep my thoughts inside my head untill I had had time to think them through properly. Weird. In the pub, everyone looked related, and they probably were, and they all seemed to take great joy in vulgar jokes. It was a lovely weekend, the sun was baking and the final confirmation I got, the proof I had been there, was what I brought back with me. Farmer's tan! Working very hard to even it out now that I'm back in the city, doing my best to expose sholders and upper arms on my lunchbreaks. But I really enjoyed the weekend, which might mean that I'm slowly but surely turning into a proper Londoner, although I'm not quite craving to move out just yet. That will hopefully take many many years. So Good Stuff no.1 was last weekend.
Good Stuff no.2 is the weather these days. Love it love it love it, absolutely love it. Although it's to hot to think, and the 8th deadly sin should be staring into a computer screen in a stuffy non air-con office all day when it's 30 degrees outside.
Good Stuff no.3 is my horoscope for the next six months (according to a certain glossy mag): more money, love work, total control, easy, triumphant months. Open, truthful, intimate relationship, travel and wider world. Sounds like pretty good stuff to me!
Good Stuff no.4: Apparently, my birthday (4 July) is National Kissing Day. Mwah mwah!
Good Stuff no.5: Today is Thursday, so tomorrow is the weekend. This means two days off, Spikey in town, and this time he's gonna bring Little Portia with him. Wroom wroom, London here we come! (We're gonna go shopping, which is Good Stuff no.6)

2 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    have fun luv..

    knús og kram Bbird

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ég kemst næstum því í afmælið þitt þar sem að ég verð í London næstu helgi. Ég fer þó aftur heim 3. júlí en gaman væri að hitta á þig (kem á miðvikudaginn).
    Ingibjörg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home