Scarpa

...up the duff...

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A list of things to do...

(to forget, b l i s s f u l l y forget)

When I was bored at work yesterday, I made a list of all the things that I needed to do when I came home from work. It said:
- finish reading the health and safety on site book
- tidy up and clean the kitchen
- go out for a run
- install microstation on my computer
- find a new flat
- and write a new post for my blog
The health and safety book never made it out of my bag, I did tidy and do a bit of cleaning in the kitchen, but as we didn't have any hoover bags for the hoover, it was a bit limited what I could manage. We haven't had hoover bags for months actually, but I have tried emptying the one that was there, which was a big thing for me, as I was imagining the many woodlice we've hoovered up coming alive and jumping on me, eeeuuuggghhh... Not likely to happen, but what can I say, it's just one of my phobies. I went out for a run, but half way through my stomache got unbelievably acidy, so I walked the rest of the way. I didn't install microstation on my computer (tonight's task), I looked for a flat on
www.findaproperty.com and www.gumtree.com - not much success, but we've still got a month to go, and I didn't write a new post for my blog (tonight's task).
I'm a big fan of making lists. Means there's fewer things I have to remember. So it's really good for things I don't want to think about. For example, things I should do when I turn 30, you know, things to take me into adulthood. For example:
- pay off my overdraft
- start a pension scheme
- open a savings account
- get on the property ladder
- figure out where to take my career
- clean the flat once a week, like my mum does...
YIKES! But see, now that I've made a list, I can stop thinking about it... er... sort of. I've also done another list, of things that I maybe ought to do. Like:
- stop referring to my boyfriend as my toyboy
- change the word "single" in my blog profile to "double"
- stop spying on Disco-boy's purchases on e-bay (boy, can that boy shop!)
- stop writing my blog while at work
... and so on.
But tonight, I think I should just curl up with a mug of tea, a blanket, turn off the lights and admire the thunderstorm outside... apart from sunshine and 25-30 degrees, this is my favorite weather :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home