Scarpa

...up the duff...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Kicking about

Aaahh, just got back from swimming... yes that's me, the healthy soul in a fit body... yeah... See I'm so fit, that when I went out dancing last friday, I sort of had to take a few breaks every now and then, you know, to rub my sticky-out belly and drink a bit of water (just had a thought - it will be a while before I ever get a flat tummy... and my lifestyle is the healthiest ever!). Anyway, I've just realized how badly alchohol effects people's eyesight - or maybe all those guys that asked me to dance just felt sorry for the fat girl standing alone drinking water all night. I had to put up a strong case to some of them: "no sorry, I'm just taking a break, maybe a bit later, sorry, just a bit tired...". Stopped short of saying: "Us ladies that are 4 months pregnant need our rest...", or patting my tummy and saying "Baby says nooo...", and then coughing in their faces... would have loved to see the look on their faces though... or rather the backs of their heads more likely!
Slept in on Saturday, then went to Portobello market. I'd love to be like all those cool chicks in their trendy outfits: skinny jeans, stack-heeled leather boots, furry jackets, a cool cap... But since I'm always staying at Spikey's and am probably the most un-organized person in the world, all I can manage to throw in my bag on a Friday morning before going to work is some clean underwear and socks, my toiletry bag and maybe a jumper and a t-shirt... on a good day. Teamed with my work outfit, that these days consists of comfortable fairly loose clothes and flat shoes, it doesn't make for the hippest-chick laid-back weekend attire.
So on Sunday I decided it was time to get pissed off about the whole arrangement - funny how men sometimes don't see reason before someone actually spells it out for them. Anyway, good thing is that we will now be spending considerably more time south of the river, and we now seem to be able to have these conversations without screaming our heads off - maybe we're both from Earth after all! Poor kid (the one inside me) - destined to inherit our tempers. Speaking of the kid - he or she is definitely kicking about, poking around on the inside, and even Spikey got the chance to feel it on Sunday morning, half asleep though as I woke him screaming and shouting: "WHOA HEY WOW FEEL THIS, SPIKEY SPIKEY WAKE UP MAN WAKE UP!!!"
So all in all, a really good weekend :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home