Scarpa

...up the duff...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

The famous people and I...

(said in the voice of Queen Margaret of Denmark)

I took a trip to the Clake and it all started swell. After a bit of searching, I finally found the passport control and went through the motions. Prayed they wouldn't confiscate my crocheting hook, but then thought of the headlines: Plane hi-jacked with crocheting hook... Maybe not likely to happen. So I got through and when I picked up my bag from the scanner, who do you think I spotted from the corner of my eye? Only one of the most famous architects in the world. Immediately thought of asking her for a job, but quickly remembered that she's infamous for screaming at people, throwing coffee over drawings and sending models flying across the room. Got away still alive, thanks to my quick thinking.
The few days I had away went by, did a lot of the usual stuff, hung out in cafes, visited friends, went out on the town... the routine. Bumped into Paul Auster and his wife, Siri Hustvedt, at the Timber Hut. Forgot to say hi. Then shared the dance floor with Bjork's daughter-in-law.
Time to head back, get down to the nitty gritty, no more holiday this time. Shared a plane with the Clake's most famous scientist, the one with all the DNA. Had enough of all these famous people, such a drag, feel much better stuck in my seat, glued to the computer, slaving away at schedules, lists, area calcs and all the other goodies. yeah. save me.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home